Checking out and updating CaMKII Systems Biology Collaboration Project Code from Windows XP and Linux / Mac
Checking Out Code
Download pageant and PuTTYgen from: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html
If you have not already done so, download and install TortoiseSVN and restart your computer
- Run PuTTYgen, and click generate. When its done, copy everything in the box under "Public key for pasting into Open SSH authorized key file:" into a text file. Save this text file as publickey.txt or something like that. Click “Save private key” and save as privatekey.ppk or something like that.
Request an account at https://www.nbcr.net/accounts/apply.php, and specify that this is for the camkinase repository, including Dr. McCulloch's address (firstname.lastname@example.org) for his approval request. If you already have an account at NBCR, then just send such as request directly to email@example.com, and copy Dr. McCulloch directly.
- Wait until NBCR e-mails you to tell you that access has been granted. This should take somewhere between 10 minutes and a week. You can continue setting things up while you are waiting, but step 11 below will fail if NBCR has not yet approved you.
- Run Pageant (downloaded in step 1). Right click pagent in the Windows tray (bottom right of your screen) It looks like a computer with a black “secret agent” hat on top of it. Click “Add key…” and select to the privatekey.ppk file you saved in step 3.
- Make some folder you want to stick project files in.
- Go into that folder and right click anywhere. You should see “SVN Checkout” in the context menu. Click it.
- In the “Checkout” menu that pops up, enter:
svn+ssh://firstname.lastname@example.org/camkinase/SVNROOT/and make sure "Checkout directory:" is the directory on your PC you want all the files to go into
- Click OK. If it asks you for your password then you don’t have pageant running with your private key. Do step 8 again. Then click “OK” with a blank password. If it still asks for your password, double check to make sure your private key is in pageant by right-clicking pageant in the tray, and clicking “View Keys” If your key is in that list, then make sure Wilfred has granted you access to the repository.
- If all goes well with step 11, you should see files being listed as they are downloaded. Wait 5 to 10 minutes depending upon the speed of your internet connection.
Instructions for Updating CaMKII project files on Windows XP
- Make sure pageant is running in the windows tray and has your key loaded. If not, see step 7 in the instructions above.
- Right click on your continuity root folder. Click “SVN Update”
Linux / Mac
Checking Out Project Files
If you have not already done so, download and install Subversion (svn)
- From the shell type
ssh-keygen -t rsa
Request an account at https://www.nbcr.net/accounts/apply.php, and specify that this is for camkinase repository request, and Dr. McCulloch's address (email@example.com) for his approval request. If you already have an account at NBCR, then just send such as request directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, and copy Dr. McCulloch directly.
- Make a directory to place your project files, and cd to the directory:
mkdir directory_name cd cont_devThen Check out project files from that directory like this (make sure to include the "." at the end of the line as shown):
- If all goes well with step 5, you should see files being listed as they are downloaded. Wait 5 to 10 minutes depending upon the speed of your internet connection.
Instructions for Updating Project files on Linux
- cd to whatever your local project directory is called